Our Behaviours & Values
Here at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust our priority is to transform the care we deliver so we provide sustainable healthcare services, which are driven by quality and excellence.
To do this we must together build and develop the capability of our people, and share common values and behaviours which are transparent and visible in whichever role we play.
Here we describe our Trust’s values and behaviours. They are at the very heart of all that we do, and should inform every action we take and every decision we make. They encompass a desire in all of us to provide the highest quality of care to patients and each other.
What it’s like to work at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston
- Communicate openly, honestly and listen to others
- Treat everyone in a friendly, courteous manner, smile and make eye contact
- Learn from mistakes and ask for support
- Provide consistently high standards of care and service at all times
- Actively seek better ways of working to achieve improvements
- Uphold UHBW’s values and be proud to work here
- Respond promptly to telephones, call bells and other requests for help
- Have pride and strive to do their best
- Take responsibility and assist everyone who appears lost
- Seek out ways to learn and develop
- Be positive and enthusiastic
- Adopt a flexible and willing approach
Behaviours we do NOT expect to see:
- Any act of discrimination
- Continually moan to others without making any attempt to change things
- Appear unapproachable, moody or bad tempered
- Blame others and make excuses
- Being unsupportive of change / new ideas for improvement
- Rude or insensitive behaviour
- Ill treatment or bullying of patients or colleagues
We are passionate about our values and expected behaviours. If you share them and want to be part of delivering an excellent service, then University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust could be the place for you.
Join our team
Love Life, Love Bristol & Weston. If you like what you have seen so far and are looking
for current vacancies in Bristol and Weston, then why not join us? Click below to view the
vacancies we have across our hospitals and divisions.